Frequently Asked Questions
If your question is not listed here, please feel free to contact us.
+ How are you different from a traditional florist?
- We are a seasonal flower farm. That means that all the flowers and greenery that go into your weddng arrangements are grown here, by hand, from seed, bulb, or cutting, starting months and months before your wedding. They are tended with care and grown without chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Because we are a farm, we sometimes have crop failures, but we grow so many different kinds of flowers (over 70 species), that it is unlikely that we won't have a substitute for any particular flower.
- As designers, we favor loose, wild arrangements with depth, texture, and character, and that showcase the incredible bounty of each season. We don't like to make tight, round, uniform bouquets. We have access to rare and unique material that make our arrangements truly yours. We can go out into the field to pluck that special something that will make your bouquet sparkle, and we often have a particular stem in the field in mind just for you.
+ What if my favorite flower isn't in season?
- We grow a broad range of flowers throughout the season, including 70 different species and many different cultivars and colors within those species. We grow and arrange with many varieties that other florists can't find, or that don't travel well, or that are especially delicate and beautiful. We encourage you to let the beauty of the season guide your floral choices. However, we do have access to wholesale flowers, like any other florist, so we can get flowers from all over the world. Specialty flowers will incur extra charges. The right bride for us is one who has a specific color palette and style, but who isn't concerned about the exact varieties in her bouquet.
+ What packages do you offer?
- We don't have any packages - all of our orders are custom, so that you get exactly what you want and need, no matter how many bridesmaids you have or how many flowers you want at your altar.
+ What do I need to do to book your services?
- First, let's talk! We'll set up a consultation with you, either in person or over the phone (fill out our form here to set this up). Then, we'll make an estimate for you based on that conversation. We ask for a 50% deposit on that initial estimate, with the balance due 30 days before your wedding. We also ask you to sign a simple contract. These steps hold the date for you. Then we will continue to refine your vision as your date gets closer, and hold a final consultation with you about 4-6 weeks before your wedding. This can be combined with your walkthrough at the venue.
+ What if I need to make changes to my order?
- Changes are fine! Make any changes you need to your order up to 30 days before your wedding. After that we ask that you not make any changes, but if you must, we will charge a change fee.
+ Do you set up the flowers on the wedding day?
- Yes! You won't have to worry about your flowers at all. We deliver your bouquets, crowns, and personal flowers and make sure they all fit well and make any final touches. We pin all boutonnières before your first look and make sure corsages get to the right people. Then, we work on setting up your dinner tables and your ceremony site. We will pick up rental vases and ceremony structures from the venue in the morning if possible, or the night of, if necessary.
+ Do you offer bulk flowers?
- We do, depending on the season. July, August, and September are the best times to buy bulk flowers from us. If you want to DIY your wedding flowers, we can also provide you with an arranging kit and rental vases.
+ Do you only grow very bright colors?
- We grow a huge range of flowers in all shades. Because we primarily work with brides, we do tend toward more muted colors, and lots of whites and blush. However, we love saturated colors, wildflower shades, and brights - we're able to work with all palettes!
+ Do you provide vases?
- Yes, rental vases are included as part of your order, unless you need different vases, which we are happy to order for you. We need our vases back at the end of the night, so plan to bring a large vase with you if you want to save or donate your flowers. We will work with your day-of coordinator to help you with this aspect of your event.
+ Do you deliver to the venue?
- Yes, we deliver for free to River Bend, the Lyons Farmette, and Planet Bluegrass. Deliveries to other venues will incur a minimum delivery fee plus mileage. You are also welcome to pick up your arrangements at the farm, but you will not get our set up services if you do.